Bertha

by the Boss at/on 9:24 PM
in

We have much to celebrate today. Last weekend Cindy and I took a bike trip out to the Hill Country. On the way home, we received a call fron the vet that they had discovered a tumor on one of Bertha's legs. Surgery to remove the tumor was scheduled for Tuesday. While the tumor was cancerous, the lab results showed it to be Type 1, which is generally curable simply by removal of the tumor. With Type 1, surgery alone has a 97 - 98% success rate.

We celebrated tonight at Baby A's. Bertha loved the live music and attention from wait staff and patrons. She loved the fajitas and smiled the whole time.

You may think this silly, but Cindy and I prayed for Bertha, one of God's creatures, and are thankful for His mercy for her (or us). Bertha has had a good and long life as Bulldogs go, but we are not yet ready to give her up and are thankful for this good news and for each day that she enriches our lives and everyone who enters our home.


3 comments:

Leah said...

over the top. we all know bertha would have been happy celebrating with steak at home. please tell me you didn't give her a beer.

the Boss said...

No beer.....Bertha prefers the purple margaritas!

Tracy's Porch said...

I am so glad Bertha is okay. She is such a sweet, sweet dog! I haven't read your blog in several days so I just found out this news. It is so hard when our furry kids are sick. I'm so glad y'all will have more time with her!!!!

Give Bertha a belly rub for me.

Hope she loved her purple Margarita. I had no clue you could take pups to Baby A's.